Certificate III in Business Administration
This course is designed to train students and equip and prepare them with the necessary foundation skills required by those in the field of business administrators at an entry level in varied work contexts using some discretion, judgment and relevant theoretical knowledge..
The qualification reflects the varied roles of individuals across different industry sectors who apply a broad range of competencies using some discretion, judgment and relevant theoretical knowledge. They may provide technical advice and support to a team.
- 18 years of age or older
- Satisfactorily completed Year 10 or equivalent or
- Completed Certificate II or higher qualification
- Be able to read and comprehend course requirements.
- Have an intermediate level of understanding of computers and the internet
This course is offered:
- Full time face-to-face
The duration for BSB30415 Certificate III in Business Administration is 12 months.
Fees and charges vary between courses, please contact Australian Vocational Learning Centre directly to know the current course fees.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer – Students with prior learning and work experience can apply for Recognition of Prior Learning. Learners who have completed corresponding units of competency and/or units contained within the packaging rules can apply for Credit Transfer.
Assessment is progressive through the qualification with multiple assessment tasks to be completed for each unit of competency. Assessment tasks and methods will vary from unit to unit may include a combination of:
- Written examinations
- Written/Verbal questioning
- Case studies
- Practical Projects
- Research Reports
- Assignments used to assess required skills and knowledge
Assessment marking system:
- Satisfactory (S) result: the student’s submitted work satisfies the learning requirements and all competency standards for the unit (in accordance with the National Register www.training.gov.au).
- Not Yet Satisfactory (NYS) result: the student’s submitted work does not demonstrate their understanding of all competency standards in the unit. If a student receives a ‘not yet satisfactory’ outcome, he or she will receive written feedback from a trainer/assessor, clearly outlining where the gaps are. The student will then be required to rectify these gaps and re-submit their assessment for marking.
Once a student receives a satisfactory result for all required assessment tasks a competent (C) outcome will be awarded for the entire unit. The student must demonstrate their understanding of all competency standards in each unit before receiving a competent outcome.
This qualification will provide a pathway to BSB40515 Certificate IV in Business Administration or other Certificate IV level qualifications.
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification are:
- Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Data Entry Operator
- Junior Personal Assistant
- Office Administration Assistant
- Office Administrator
- Word Processing Operator
To successfully complete the BSB30415 Certificate III in Business Administration students are required to complete thirteen units of competency consisting of the units as listed below.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|BSBITU307||Develop keyboarding speed and accuracy|
|BSBWHS201||Contribute to health and safety of self and others|
|BSBITU302||Create electronic presentations|
|BSBITU303||Design and produce text documents|
|BSBITU306||Design and produce business documents|
|BSBITU309||Produce desktop published documents|
|BSBWRT301||Write simple documents|
|BSBADM311||Maintain business resources|
|BSBCUS301||Deliver and monitor a service to customers|
|BSBINM301||Organise workplace information|
|BSBWOR204||Use business technology|